About UIH Family Partners
In 1859, during a period of great turmoil and pain in our
nation’s history, a group of concerned women in
The organization these visionaries founded – one incorporated by an act of the New Jersey Legislature – was for many years known as “Union Industrial Home for Children (UIH).” In late 2007, the name of the agency was changed to “UIH Family Partners.” This change was adopted to express in a more contemporary way the nature and scope of the nonprofit’s activities. While the oldest nonprofit in the Garden State dedicated to the welfare of children has seen a number of changes in venue and programs over the years, its commitment to serving Mercer County’s most in-need and vulnerable residents has remained unwavering.